Karimunjawa... The Amazing Island

Let me take you back to 6 months ago... =)

After such a long time of planning to visit this beautiful, isolated and untouched island – Karimunjawa, I finally got the chance to step my feet onto its land and into its water.

This trip took my friends and I around 4 hours car ride from Yogyakarta to Jepara, the Kartini Harbour (left at 12midnight, and reached there around 4am), then another 6 hours of journey by ferry (from 9am till 3pm) just to reach the island. I was so excited about the journey, especially when I was on the ferry. Guess what? I got seasick!!! I was feeling a bit hungry, ate some instant noodles, and felt like vomiting. Bad move! Luckily, nothing came out and I resume back to normal. The secret? Sleep and sleep! Lol! Took quite a few photos while I was on the ferry.






Reaching the island was already an achievement for me. Hehe! Met the agent, and we were brought to our homestay nearby the harbour. According to our schedule, the activities start the next day, so, basically we had nothing to do for the evening. We decided to explore the island on our own before night breaks in. In the whole island, there’s only one restaurant which opens all day long, and a few stalls which operate at night. No wonder the package we took include meals. After eating, we rented two bikes, and started our exploration of the island!

We went all the way to the end of Nirvana Beach by the funny bike which has weird sound, a scooter which is cute, and another bike borrowed from the ibu (mistress) from the homestay. The view there was pretty.







At night, after dinner served with ikan kembung (mackerel) and vege, we continued our journey. The night view at the harbour was calming. We ended up playing Uno under a lamp post by the harbour.


The day was over and the next day was what I anticipated the most!


The 2nd day- where the true exploration begins…

We left Karimunjawa Island at 8am and headed towards Cemangan Besar Island (if I’m not mistaken) to visit the turtle reservation centre and to swim with sharks!
FYI, the only transportation available is boat. Sitting in the boat is quite fun, but might be scary for some I guess.



Swimming with sharks is super duper fun!



The turtles are cute too right!



After that, it’s snorkelling!
For a first timer, I love snorkelling very much! Yeah!
Looking at fishes swimming around us, and also the untouched and beautiful corals, I was amazed!
How I hope that I can swim better and can be able to dive in and see the corals at a nearer distance.
We also went to one island for lunch, where we had fish and rice and vege, and the sambal is the one that make the dishes tastier. Yummy!

While we were on the way to another snorkelling spot, we saw DOLPHINS! Woooo hoooo!!!







We even visited a few more places and island which are small and then by 5pm, we reach back at the Karimunjawa island. Dinner, Uno cards again, and sleep…


3rd day – the continuation…

In the morning, we got news from Alex, our PIC, that the ferry schedule got changes again. We can either leave tonight at 11pm, or the day after that, where we suppose to leave tomorrow morning at 9am.

After much consideration, we chose the night ferry.
But but but, the day continued… haha!
The activities were the same… snorkelling again! Hahahahahahahahaha!
I’m loving it, but I got a bit of seasick at the beginning. After a while, getting into the sea and enjoying the water and view, my seasick got better. =)

Before we board the boat, we bought some bread to feed fishes. Guess what, I was blur and bought the durian flavoured bread. Hehe! Fish o fish, enjoy it k! Lol…

Same schedule again, and photos! =)








The beaches were beautiful and the scenery was indescribable!





We also visited the other side of karimunjawa island, the new harbour, and took photo with the instructor.




At night, we had barbecue dinner prepared by our landlady. The fish, cuttlefish and what else… (I can’t remember) were marvelous.

We then packed and bye-bye Karimunjawa! =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Daddy and His Battle

random

On Call 36 小时 The Hippocratic Crush