Commitment...

I have been a medical student for 2 and a half years now, with another semester to go and I'll be finishing my third year of medical school. In another year, i'll be having clinical rotation...

The trigger:

Yesterday, Sunday, I made up my mind to visit and help out at a Sunday clinic nearby. The moment i went inside, i felt lost. There were many people (or patients) sitting outside waiting to be treated. In one room there were 3 koas seniors while the other room empty. Hence, i went into the other room with my friend and started to do vital sign examination, where later they will be examined by the doctors in the other room. I do not know should i do full anamnesis or not, as the doctor might do it later again, so, i chose not to do a full one, but only a brief anamnesis.

At the end of the day, a targeted number of patients (around 30) were being treated. Then, the doctor (or koas seniors) came over and talked to us. They told us of what we can do to help out and improve our own skills and knowledge.

The dilemma:

Out of a sudden, i felt empty. i felt bad that after being a medical student for such a long time, i do not know what to do! i do not know how to do it when it come to facing real life patients, different from simulated patients we encountered in skills lab.

I've once again made up my mind, no matter what, i need to start equip myself. i need to make sure i'm ready to be a medical doctor, a good, knowledgeable and easy approach doctor in the future.


"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." (Phil 4:13)



I can do it!!!

Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Daddy and His Battle

random

On Call 36 小时 The Hippocratic Crush