Thoughts of "Jaga"

It was my turn to "jaga" or keep watch for the night.
As usual, the night started with handling over of patients between doctors. Then, my work as a co-assistant starts.
Let me show you the work range: from sending labs ( manual, no teleport, lol ), taking patients's vital signs, fluid balance, filling up the medical records ( basically copy paste ) , sending consultation forms, and etc...
As for me, this is the first jaga that I had to do residents job of filling their report book too. That took me like forever to finish just for 20 patients.
When i finished all the works ( some i know i can help fill but chose to ignore to save time, don't learn this ) , it was already 0230. *hoam*
A pillow, three chairs in a row, that's all i need to fall asleep.
( Ok, i know i can fall asleep anywhere, anytime, lol )
No complaints, just tired from all the writing.
i do hope I learned from all these writings.

But, there's one thing i enjoy about jaga -- chatting with patients.
When they open up to you, trusting you, and asking you for more information and advice, it makes you feel good. Maybe you don't, but i do.
It makes me feel like i'm a doctor.
It forces me to understand more about the diagnosis and treatment of a patient.
Not to forget, anatomy, in order to explain to them what's wrong.

A resident shared this, "As a resident, a two hour sleep a day, especially in those busy places, is considered very good indeed."

For a piggy like me, will that be enough in the future?
Perhaps my sleep training should start now.

Scribble scribble... That's it!

Have a great day peeps! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Daddy and His Battle

random

On Call 36 小时 The Hippocratic Crush